KLATOVY AND SURROUNDS : JESUIT COLLEGE

Czech • Deutsch • English

Jesuit college

480 ft. long two-storey building was founded in 1655 as a part of the Jesuit grounds (church, seminary, latin school).

After dismission of the order in 1773 the building was owned by the 6th dragoon regiment 'Kolowrat', it was used as stalls.

Various army (mainly cavalry) units used the building until 1990, when it was changed into a shopping centre. Within its gradual reconstruction the building became seat of the Town Library and part of the municipal office of the town.

Text : Informační centrum Klatovy, www.klatovy.cz/icklatovy

| Back|