KLATOVY AND SURROUNDS : WHITE TOWER

Czech • Deutsch • English

White Tower

The White Tower was built in 1581 as a belfry and entrance gate to a town cemetery, which was placed next to the Archdean Church. After the 1758 fire it was built higher and modified into today's shape.

The western portal (towards the square) originally decorated the entrance in the church. In its top there is a relief of the Virgin Mary of Klatovy.

(c) Foto : ŠumavaNet.CZ
Text : Informační centrum Klatovy, www.klatovy.cz/icklatovy

| Back|