KLATOVY AND SURROUNDS : DOMINICAN MONASTERY

Czech • Deutsch • English

Dominican monastery

The oldest monastery in the town built shortly after the foundation of the town.

The building destroyed with numerous fires was reconstructed by Dominicans and used till 1785, when the monastery was cancelled by Joseph II's patents. In  the years 1812-1870 Benedictines from Prague founded a grammar school inside.

Later the deserted building was rebuilt by the town authorities and since 2008 it has been used for training purposes and care for disabled citizens.

 

(c) Foto : ŠumavaNet.CZ
Text : Informační centrum Klatovy, www.klatovy.cz/icklatovy

| Back|