KLATOVY AND SURROUNDS : DOMINICAN ST. LAURENTIUS

Czech • Deutsch • English

Dominican St. Laurentius

 

History of the church is closely connected with that of the Dominican monastery. The present-day church was built by the Dominicans after the town fire in 1689.

In 1785 it was bought by the town and changed into a storehouse. For some time in the second half of 19th century it was used as a student church for the grammar school.

In the course of the 20th century the church interior furniture was removed and nowadays it is used for art exhibition purposes.

 

(c) Foto : ŠumavaNet.CZ
Text : Informační centrum Klatovy, www.klatovy.cz/icklatovy

| Back|